Switzerland - Geneva (PDF Chapter)
This is the Geneva chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Sleek, slick and cosmopolitan, Geneva is a rare breed of city: it’s among Europe’s priciest, its people chatter in every language under the sun and it’s constantly perceived as the Swiss capital (it isn’t). Superbly strung around the shores of Europe’s largest Alpine lake, this is only Switzerland’s third-largest city.
- join the crowds getting snapped in front of the flower clock in the Jardin Anglais in the Old Town
- explore Geneva’s Cathedrale St-Pierre, with its mix of architectural styles spanning the centuries
- sail a paddle-steamer to Yvoire in France
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.