Switzerland - Geneva (PDF Chapter)
This is the Geneva chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Like the swans that frolic on its eponymous Alpine lake (Europe’s largest), Geneva is a rare bird. Slick and cosmopolitan, the people of Switzerland’s second-largest city chatter in almost every language among streets paved by gold.
- swim in the lake or drool over fondue at the très genevois Bains des Pâquis
- get a crash course in international affairs at the Palace of Nations
- broaden your global horizons at the Museum of Ethnography
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.