*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Switzerland - Fribourg, Neuchatel & Jura (PDF Chapter)
This is the Fribourg, Neuchâtel & Jura chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Travelling in Fribourg, Neuchâtel & Jura is a brilliant sensory experience… including for the taste buds: savour tradition-rich Appellation d’Origine Contrôllée (AOC) cheeses, let absinthe’s green-fairy dance on your palate and make sure you try meringues smothered in double cream at least once. When you need to repent, thousands of kilometres of waistline-saving walking, cycling and cross-country skiing trails are there to save the day.
- delight in the delicious selection of cheeses to be found in Gruyères
- see madcap creations by Jean Tinguely and Niki de Saint Phalle in Fribourg’s Old Town
- fall under the spell of medieval Neuchâtel and its boat-happy lake
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Canton de Fribourg, Fribourg, Murten & around, Gruyères, Charmey, Canton de Neuchâtel, Neuchâtel & around, Montagnes Neuchâteloises, Le Locle, Canton de Jura, Franches Montagnes, Northern Jura.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.