*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Switzerland - Central Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Switzerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
To the Swiss, Central Switzerland – green, mountainous and soothingly beautiful – is the very essence of ‘Swissness’. It was here that the pact that kick-started a nation was signed in 1291; here that hero William Tell gave a rebel yell against Habsburg rule. Geographically, politically, spiritually, this is the heartland. Nowhere does the flag fly higher.
- take in the pure beauty of Lucerne, Switzerland’s prettiest city
- catch some rays as you ride the stupendous open-topped CabriO cable car to Stanserhorn
- get a sense of history at the superb museums in Schwyz
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lucerne, Lake Lucerne, Lake Uri, Brunnen, Schwyz, Einsiedeln, Engelberg, Zug, Andermatt.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.