*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Switzerland - Central Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Switzerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
To the Swiss, Central Switzerland – green, mountainous and soothingly beautiful – is the very essence of ‘Swissness’. It was here that the pact that kick-started a nation was signed in 1291; here that hero William Tell gave a rebel yell against Habsburg rule. Geographically, politically, spiritually, this is the heartland. Nowhere does the flag fly higher.
- take in the pure beauty of Lucerne, Switzerland’s prettiest city
- catch some rays as you ride the stupendous open-topped CabriO cable car to Stanserhorn
- get a sense of history at the superb museums in Schwyz
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lucerne, Lake Lucerne, Lake Uri, Brunnen, Schwyz, Einsiedeln, Engelberg, Zug, Andermatt.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.