Switzerland - Central Switzerland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Switzerland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guide-book.
To the Swiss, Central Switzerland – green, mountainous and soothingly beautiful – is the essence of ‘Swissness’. It was here that the pact that kick-started a nation was signed in 1291; here that hero William Tell gave a rebel yell against Habsburg rule.
- revel in the melodious atmosphere of Lucerne, Switzerland’s prettiest city
- traverse the vertiginous Cliff Walk while trying not to look down, at Mt Titlis
- cruise and witness the play of light and shadow, mist and magic on Lake Lucerne
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lucerne, Lake Lucerne, Lake Uri, Brunnen, Schwyz, Einsiedeln, Engelberg, Zug, Andermatt.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.