*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Switzerland - Basel & Aargau (PDF Chapter)
This is the Basel & Aargau chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Tucked up against the French and German borders in Switzerland’s northwest corner, business-like Basel straddles the majestic Rhine. The town is home to top-flight art galleries, museums and avant-garde architecture, and boasts an enchanting old town centre.
- join the festivities of Fasnacht, explore the Altstadt, take in the art at Fondation Beyeler, or hit the bars on both sides of the Rhine in Basel
- ogle architectural masterpieces and pick up designer souvenirs at Weil am Rhein’s Vitra Design Museum
- admire Switzerland’s most extensive Roman remains at Augusta Raurica
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Basel & around, Aargau Canton, Rheinfelden, Baden, Southwest along the Aare.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.