*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Switzerland - Basel & Aargau (PDF Chapter)
This is the Basel & Aargau chapter from Lonely Planet’s Switzerland guidebook.
Tucked up against the French and German borders in Switzerland’s northwest corner, business-like Basel straddles the majestic Rhine. The town is home to top-flight art galleries, museums and avant-garde architecture, and boasts an enchanting old town centre.
- join the festivities of Fasnacht, explore the Altstadt, take in the art at Fondation Beyeler, or hit the bars on both sides of the Rhine in Basel
- ogle architectural masterpieces and pick up designer souvenirs at Weil am Rhein’s Vitra Design Museum
- admire Switzerland’s most extensive Roman remains at Augusta Raurica
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Basel & around, Aargau Canton, Rheinfelden, Baden, Southwest along the Aare.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.