Sweden - Uppsala & Central Sweden (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uppsala & Central Sweden chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sweden guidebook.
In Central Sweden you’ll see plenty of old Volvos, Dalahäst (carved wooden horses), saunas, sunsets over lakes and candles in the windows. It’s a paradise of forests, mountains and mead-ows and oh so much water, and is within easy reach of Stockholm and Gothenburg.
- ponder the weird and wonderful in Uppsala’s fabulous old museum, Museum Gustavi-anum
- get inspiration for living in Sweden’s favourite heritage home, Carl Larsson-gården, outside Falun
- enjoy outdoor opera in the Dalhalla amphiteatre outside Rättvik
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Uppsala, Nyköping, Eskilstuna, Västerås, Sala, Nora, Örebro, Karlstad, Sunne, Torsby, Falun, Lake Siljan, Orsa, Sälen, Idre.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation