Sweden - Understand Sweden and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Sweden Today, History, Food & Drink, People & Culture, Environ-ment, Design & Architecture, The Sami, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Sweden guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, people and design to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Sweden’s history and culture
- info on the region’s design and architecture
- full coverage of Sweden’s cuisine and foodie scene
- details on the culture of local Sami people
Coverage includes: Sweden Today, History, Food & Drink, People & Culture, Environment, Design & Architecture, The Sami, Directory A–Z, Transport and Lan-guage.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation