Sweden - The Southeast & Gotland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast & Gotland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sweden guide-book.
Southeastern Sweden is a treasure trove of stoic castles, story-book villages and mystical is-lands. Carved by the epic Göta Canal, Östergötland boasts lovable, lakeside Vadstena, home to a hulking Renaissance castle, and candy-crazed Gränna.
- climb the stairs behind the cathedral for stunning views in Visby
- make your every storybook castle dream come true at Kalmar Slott
- walk down memory lane in the retro Husqvarna Fabriksmuseum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Östergötland, Norrköping, Linköping, Vadstena, Småland, Jönköping-Huskvarna, Gränna, Eksjö, Växjö, Kalmar, Glasriket, Oskarshamn, Väs-tervik, Vimmerby, Öland, Borgholm, Northern Öland, Southern Öland, Gotland, Visby, Northern Gotland, Fårö, Southern Gotland.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation