Sweden - Stockholm & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Stockholm & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sweden guide-book.
Spread across 14 islands connected by 57 bridges, Stockholm is compact and walkable. Each neighbourhood has a distinct character; in each, you’ll find trend-setting design, inventive cui-sine, unbeatable museums, great shopping, pretty parks and loads of atmosphere.
- study a shipwreck and Swedish history in the Vasamuseet
- wander around the atmospheric old town, Gamla Stan
- visit Sweden in miniature at the open-air museum of Skansen
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Stockholm.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.