*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Sweden - Ostersund & the Bothnian Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Östersund & the Bothnian Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sweden guidebook.
In Sweden’s north you’ll find endless pristine forests where the odds of encountering elk, reindeer and bear are high and the hiking is splendid. Plus, there are jagged mountains that provide Sweden’s best skiing in winter, and host the best mountain biking in summer, along with every other mountain sport you can imagine.
- travel along Höga Kusten, northern Sweden’s majestic coastline, and sample surströmming (fermented herring)
- hit Umeå’s lively scene and visit its superb museums and sculpture park
- stay in a spaceship, bird’s nest or mirror cube at the incredible Treehotel
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jämtland, Östersund, Åre, Storlien & around, Härjedalen, Funäsdalen & around, Bothnian Coast, Gävle, Hudiksvall, Sundsvall, Härnösand, Höga Kusten, Umeå, Skellefteå, Luleå, and Haparanda.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.