*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Sweden - Lappland & the Far North (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lappland & the Far North chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sweden guidebook.
Travelling in the far north of Sweden can draw you into an unusual rhythm. The long, lonely stretches between towns are often completely deserted apart from the ever-present reindeer. Extreme natural phenomena are at their strongest here – in summer you’ll be travelling under the perpetual light of the midnight sun; in winter, under the haunting wraiths that are the northern lights. During the colder months Lappland is a different country: a white wilderness traversed by huskies and snowmobiles and punctuated with colourful Sami winter markets.
- reside inside the Icehotel, Jukkasjärvi’s spectacular ice dwelling
- head to Jokkmokk Winter Market for Sami crafts, reindeer races and general revelry
- tackle the Kungsleden, Sweden’s longest hiking trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Strömsund, Vilhelmina, Storuman, Tärnaby & Hemavan, Sorsele & Ammarnäs, Arvidsjaur, Arjeplog, Jokkmokk & around, Gällivare, Muddus National Park, Kiruna, Nikkaluokta & Kebnekaise, Jukkasjärvi, Abisko, Riksgränsen, Kungsleden, Karesuando, and Pajala.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.