*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Sweden - Lappland & the Far North (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lappland & the Far North chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sweden guidebook.
Lappland is Europe’s last true wilderness. With a grand mountain range, endless forest and countless pristine lakes, it’s your chance to be a true explorer ¬– in summer under the perpetual light of the midnight sun; in winter, under the haunting northern lights.
- watch the northern lights from Abisko’s epic viewing deck at Aurora Sky Station
- spend a night in Jukkasjärvi’s spectacular ice dwelling, the Icehotel
- check out Sami crafts and reindeer races at the Jokkmokk Winter Market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Strömsund, Vilhelmina, Storuman, Hemavan & Tärnaby, Sorsele, Ammarnäs, Arvidsjaur, Arjeplog, Jokkmokk, Gällivare, Kiruna, Nikkaluokta & Kebnekaise, Jukkasjärvi, Abisko, Riksgränsen, Kungsleden, Karesuando, Pajala, Laponia World Heritage Area.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.