*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Sweden - Gothenburg & the Southwest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gothenburg & the Southwest chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sweden guidebook.
Sweden’s southwest is diversity personified. Heading the cast is Sweden’s ‘second city’ of Gothenburg and its kicking bars, cafes, museums and theme-park thrills. The islands of Gothen-burg’s southern archipelago are stunning and romantic, and surprisingly easy to reach.
- plummet down scary roller coasters in Gothenburg, taking in counterculture art and being surprised by advances in Swedish cuisine
- feast on shrimp and archipelago views on the tiny island of Hållö, located a short ferry trip from Smögen
- be charmed by Ingrid Bergman’s favourite summer haunt, Fjällbacka
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gothenburg & Around, Southern Archipelago, Brännö, Other Islands, Marstrand, Bohuslän, Bohuslän Coast, Strömstad, Dalsland, Håverud, Västergötland, Vänersborg, Trollhättan, Lidköping, Halland, Halmstad, Varberg.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.