St Petersburg - Understand St Petersburg and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the St Petersburg Today, History, Architecture, Arts, Literature, Transport and Directory A–Z chapters from Lonely Planet’s St Petersburg guide-book.
All the info you need on everything from history, architecture and literature, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on history, from the rule of Peter the Great to the post-Soviet era
- info on the city’s best eating, drinking and nightlife options
- full coverage of the world-famous Hermitage Museum
- details on the city‘s arts scene
Coverage includes: St Petersburg Today, History, Architecture, Arts, Lit-erature, Transport and Directory A–Z.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout