*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
St Petersburg - Smolny & Vosstaniya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Smolny & Vosstaniya chapter from Lonely Planet's St Petersburg guidebook.
Also part of the city centre, the Smolny peninsula is a well-heeled residential district, while next-door Liteyny is centred on Liteyny pr, a commercial street between Smolny and Fontanka River. South of Nevsky pr are Vosstaniya, the focus of a nascent underground scene, and Vladimirskaya, with shopping, markets and quirky museums.
- exploring the beating heart of Orthodox St Petersburg in the complex of churches at the Alexander Nevsky Monastery and seeing the last resting place of many of Russia’s greatest artists in the atmospheric cemeteries
- taking in the spectacular powder blue and white exterior of Rastrelli’s baroque Smolny Cathedral
- seeing the room where Fyodor Dostoevsky wrote The Brothers Karamazov at the fascinating Dostoevsky Museum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Sports & Activities and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.