*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
St Petersburg - Smolny & Vosstaniya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Smolny & Vosstaniya chapter from Lonely Planet’s St Petersburg guidebook.
This area contains the closest thing St Petersburg has to a creative hub, as well as its political and diplomatic heart. You could easily spend a few days taking in the major sights of this vast district and still only scratch the surface.
- explore the beating heart of Orthodox St Petersburg in the Alexander Nevsky Monastery – the final resting place of many of Russia’s greatest artists
- learn about the incredible suffering and unyielding resourcefulness of citizens during the longest siege in modern history at the Museum of the Defence & Blockade of Lenin-grad
- take in the spectacular powder-blue and white exterior of Rastrelli’s baroque masterpiece, Smolny Cathedral
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.