*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
St Petersburg - Sennaya & Kolomna (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sennaya & Kolomna chapter from Lonely Planet's St Petersburg guidebook.
Sennaya is centred on Sennaya pl, a traditionally poor area immortalised in Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment. Quiet Kolomna is the largest of seven islands and steeped in history and great beauty, featuring the world-famous Mariinsky Theatre and more canals and rivers than any other part of the city.
- seeing a dazzling Russian ballet or opera classic at the iconic Mariinsky Theatre or the impressive new Mariinsky II next door
- marveling at the interiors and hearing tales of Rasputin’s grizzly end at the impressive Yusupov Palace
- reliving one of the most famous murders in literature in and around Sennaya Ploshchad, where Dostoevsky set his classic Crime and Punishment
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Sports & Activities and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.