*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
St Petersburg - Petrograd & Vyborg Sides (PDF Chapter)
This is the Petrograd & Vyborg Sides chapter from Lonely Planet's St Petersburg guidebook.
The Petrograd Side is a fascinating place with the St Peter and Paul Fortress, an impressive clutch of Style Moderne buildings, a beautiful mosque, many interesting museums and huge swathes of parkland on the Kirov Islands. The Vyborg Side, home to the Finland Station, is famous for its role in Soviet history.
- seeing the graves of the Romanovs, climbing the bell tower for stunning views and enjoying the museums and exhibits scattered around the Peter & Paul Fortress
- sneaking a behind-thescenes look at one of the world’s top museums at the Hermitage Storage Facility
- spending a day relaxing on charming, wooded Yelagin Island – perfect for walking, picnicking, boating and sunbathing
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Sports & Activities and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.