St Petersburg - Petrograd & Vyborg Sides (PDF Chapter)
This is the Petrograd & Vyborg Sides chapter from Lonely Planet’s St Petersburg guidebook.
Peter’s city was founded on the Petrograd Side and it’s a fascinating place packed with his-torical sites and Style Moderne architecture. The showstopper is the Peter & Paul Fortress, whose museums, soaring cathedral and panoramic views easily warrant a half-day visit.
- see the graves of the Romanovs, climb the bell tower for stunning views and explore the past at museums and exhibits scattered around historic Peter & Paul Fortress
- take in dazzling murals and creative art installations covering the walls of a once blighted industrial landscape at the Street Art Museum
- get a behind-the-scenes look at one of the world’s top art collections at the Hermitage Storage Facility
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout