*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
St Petersburg - Historic Heart (PDF Chapter)
This is the Historic Heart chapter from Lonely Planet's St Petersburg guidebook.
This is a fast-paced, crowded part of the city, and where the most famous sights are located. A majority of the city's best hotels and restaurants can also be found here. Whether you stay here or not, it's where you'll spend much of your time
- surveying a millennium of global art and culture in the Hermitage and be dazzled by the gilded apartments of the Romanovs.
- gawping at the jewelbox-bright exterior of the Church on the Spilled Blood, then being awestruck by the epic mosaics inside.
- climbing the 262 steps to the golden dome of the monumental St Isaac’s Cathedral for breathtaking views.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Activities and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.