*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
St Petersburg - Historic Heart (PDF Chapter)
This is the Historic Heart chapter from Lonely Planet’s St Petersburg guide-book.
The Historic Heart is a fast-paced, crowded area that’s the commercial and tourist focus of the city. For an unforgettable first impression, head straight to vast Palace Sq and the Winter Palace, home to the main collection of the Hermitage.
- survey millennia of global art and culture and be dazzled by the gilded apartments of the Romanovs at the State Hermitage Museum
- gawp at the jewel-box-bright exterior of the Church on the Spilled Blood, then be awestruck by the epic mosaics inside
- get to know the world’s best collection of Russian art at the fantastic Russian Museum
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.