Sri Lanka - Understand Sri Lanka and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Sri Lanka Today, History, Environmental Issues, The People of Sri Lanka, Sri Lankan Tea, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Sri Lanka guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, people and the environment to flights, pub-lic transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on drinking, growing and buying the country’s famous tea
- info on the people and culture of Sri Lanka
- full coverage of the country’s epic history
- details on the environmental and social issues facing the country today
Coverage includes: Sri Lanka Today, History, Environmental Issues, The People of Sri Lanka, Sri Lankan Tea, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation