Sri Lanka - The East (PDF Chapter)
Maybe you’re searching for somewhere a little less developed, a coastline that retains a more earthy, local feel. Or maybe you just want the best beach of your life. Well, the East might just of-fer that place and that beach.
- enjoy the chilled-out beach vibe at Uppuveli
- spot a skittish leopard – or monitor the road to avoid a rogue elephant – in blissfully un-crowded Kumana National Park
- snorkel or dive with reef sharks around Pigeon Island National Park off Nilaveli
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Monaragala, Yudaganawa, Maligawila, Arugam Bay & Around, Pottuvil & Around, Panama & Around, Okanda & Around, Ampara, Batticaloa, Kalkudah & Passekudah, Trincomalee, Uppuveli, Nilaveli.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation