Sri Lanka - Jaffna & the North (PDF Chapter)
With towering, rainbow-coloured Hindu temples, sari-clad women on bicycles and a spectac-ular coastline fringed with palmyra and coconut palms, the North is a different world. Look for the shimmer of colours from the wild peacocks that seem to be everywhere.
- marvel at the spectacular seascapes and surreal light while exploring offshore treasures such as Nainativu in Jaffna’s Islands
- understand the war’s destruction of communities at sites like the Sea Tiger Shipyard
- discover ancient baobab trees, a historic fort, remote bays and a view almost to India on Mannar Island
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jaffna, Jaffna Peninsula, Jaffna’s Islands, Kilinoch-chi & Around, Vavuniya, Mannar Island & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.