Sri Lanka - Colombo (PDF Chapter)
Colombo has emerged as a must-see stop in Sri Lanka. No longer just the sprawling city you have to endure on your way to the beaches, it’s worth visiting in its own right and makes an ex-cellent start or finish to your trip.
- revel in the restoration of the compelling historic quarter of Fort
- plunge into Pettah’s timeless commercial madness of shops, stalls and markets
- catch a sunset amid families and courting couples on Galle Face Green, Colombo’s front lawn
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.