Spain - Toledo & Castilla-La Mancha (PDF Chapter)
This is the Toledo & Castilla–La Mancha chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain guidebook.
Located on a windswept fertile plateau, this richly patterned landscape, stippled with olive groves and grape vines, is the land where Cervantes set the fictional journeys of Don Qui-jote.
- disentangle three medieval cultures in Toledo’s tangle of narrow streets
- hike into the hilltop town of Atienza on a southern branch of the Camino de Santiago
- take the Don Quijote shot of the windmills of Consuegra
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Toledo, Talavera de la Reina, Oropesa, South Cas-tilla–La Mancha, Consuegra, Campo de Criptana, Almagro, Parque Nacional Tablas de Daimiel, Alcalá del Júcar, Belmonte, El Toboso, Parque Natural de las Lagunas de Ruidera, Sierra de Al-caraz, Northeast Castilla–La Mancha, Cuenca, Pastrana, Sigüenza, Atienza, Alarcón, Imón.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.