Spain - Santiago de Compostela & Galicia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Santiago de Compostela & Galicia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain guidebook.
Galicia, a unique region with its own language and distinctive culture, is home to Santiago de Compostela, one of Spain’s most beautiful and magical cities and an exceptionally good reason for any traveller to make their way to Spain’s northwestern corner.
- soak up the atmosphere and history of beautiful and fascinating Santiago de Compostela
- explore the capes and lighthouses of the Costa da Morte, north of Cabo Fisterra, Spain’s ‘Land’s End’
- feast on fresh fish, octopus or shellfish with Galician wines along the coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santiago de Compostela, Costa da Morte, Fisterra & Around, Lires & Around, Muxía & Around, Camariñas to Camelle: the Ruta do Litoral, Laxe & Around, Rías Altas, A Coruña, Betanzos, Pontedeume, Parque Natural Fragas do Eume, Cedeira & Around, Cabo Ortegal & Around, Bares Peninsula, Viveiro, Ribadeo, Rías Baixas, Ría de Arousa, Pontevedra, Ría de Pontevedra, Ría de Vigo, Vigo, Southwest Galicia, Baiona, A Guarda, Tui, Eastern Galicia, Ourense, Ribadavia & the Ribeiro Wine Region, Ribeira Sacra, Lugo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.