*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Spain & Portugal's Best Trips - Portugal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Portugal Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain & Portugal’s Best Trips guidebook.
Wine regions, walled medieval towns and glorious beaches: Portugal’s mix of the medieval and the maritime makes it a superb place to visit. And its short distances allow for more time to explore the fascinating stops on a road trip.
- understand Portugal’s turbulent history by visiting castles, monasteries and standing stones
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore the wineries that produce the nation’s silkiest reds
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- enjoy lively towns, great seafood, and top beaches with monster waves
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.