*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Spain & Portugal's Best Trips - Portugal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Portugal Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain & Portugal’s Best Trips guidebook.
Wine regions, walled medieval towns and glorious beaches: Portugal’s mix of the medieval and the maritime makes it a superb place to visit. And its short distances allow for more time to explore the fascinating stops on a road trip.
- understand Portugal’s turbulent history by visiting castles, monasteries and standing stones
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore the wineries that produce the nation’s silkiest reds
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- enjoy lively towns, great seafood, and top beaches with monster waves
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.