Spain & Portugal's Best Trips - Northern Spain & Basque Country (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Spain & Basque Country Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain & Portugal’s Best Trips guidebook.
Spain’s north coast and its hinterland are home to some of the most dramatic scenery in the country, and there’s diverse culture to explore, too. Here, road-trippers can pause in food-obsessed cities, climb castle turrets and stand among rolling vineyards.
- follow pilgrims across roads the criss-cross the Camino de Santiago walking route
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- take a thrilling drive along the imposing Coasta da Morte (Coast of Death)
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- tour the churches and cathedrals of the Aviles-to-Salamanca route
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips