Spain & Portugal's Best Trips - Madrid & Central Spain (PDF Chapter)
This is the Madrid & Central Spain Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain & Portugal’s Best Trips guidebook.
On journeys across the high plateau that surrounds Madrid, you’ll encounter some of Spain’s most spectacular cities and beautiful villages, cathedral towns par excellence, and atmospheric Roman relics and castles.
- explore medieval towns, Roman ruins, remote castles and Extremadura’s home of jamón (cured ham)
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- go across La Mancha in search of Don Quixote, Spain’s favourite literary hero
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- drive from Madrid to Soria via captivating towns and villages
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.