Spain & Portugal's Best Trips - Barcelona & Eastern Spain (PDF Chapter)
This is the Barcelona & Eastern Spain Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain & Portugal’s Best Trips guidebook.
Wild and gorgeous coastline, chiselled mountain peaks and enchanting cityscapes set the stage for awe-inspiring drives around Catalonia and eastern Spain – and with its madcap architecture and brilliant restaurants, Barcelona makes a fine gateway to the region.
- relax in seaside villages, wander through Roman ruins and hike highland trails
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- breathe in the mountain air on an epic drive over the Pyrenees
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- feast on seafood off beautiful beaches, then visit the wondrous world of Salvador Dalí
- discover even more with walking tours, detours, and ways to link your trips
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.