*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Spain - Madrid (PDF Chapter)
This is the Madrid chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain guidebook.
Madrid has transformed itself into one of Spain’s premier style centres and its calling cards are many: astonishing art galleries, an exceptional live-music scene, a feast of tapas bars, and a population that’s mastered the art of the good life.
- watch the masterpieces of Velázquez and Goya leap off the canvas at the world-famous Museo del Prado gallery
- search for treasure at the massive El Rastro Sunday flea market, then join the crowds in Parque del Buen Retiro
- soak up the buzz with a caña (small beer) or glass of Spanish wine on the gorgeous Plaza de Santa Ana square
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Courses, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, San Lorenzo de El Es-corial, Aranjuez, Chinchón, Alcalá De Henares, Sierra de Guadarrama, Buitrago and Sierra Pobre.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.