*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Spain - Extremadura (PDF Chapter)
This is the Extremadura chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain guidebook.
Journey into the heart of old Spain, from the country’s finest Roman ruins to mysterious me-dieval cities and time-worn villages. Spaniards, however, know Extremadura as a place to sample some of inland Spain’s best food.
- Cáceres: explore the Ciudad Monumental’s magical cobbled streets and packed tapas bars
- clamber over Spain’s finest Roman ruins in Mérida
- travel to Trujillo, the medieval hometown of some of Latin America’s most infamous con-quistadors
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cáceres, Valencia de Alcántara, Alcántara, Trujillo, Guadalupe, Plasencia, La Vera, Valle del Ambroz, Parque Nacional de Monfragüe, Mérida, Al-burquerque, Olivenza, Zafra and around and Badajoz.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.