Spain - Catalonia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Catalonia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain guidebook.
Catalonia boasts a wealth of natural splendour, from the Pyrenean peaks to the fertile vine-yards and sandy beaches. For adventure, head north to hike among valleys and visit Spain’s most impressive ruins.
- discover secret coves in the town of Begur
- contemplate Dalí’s theatre of the absurd in Teatre-Museu Dali in Figueres
- conquer the trails in Catalonia’s sole national park, Parc Nacional d’Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Costa Brava, Tossa de Mar, Sant Feliu de Guíxols, Palafrugell & Around, Girona, L’Estartit & the Illes Medes, L’Escala, Castelló d’Empúries, Ca-daqués, Cap de Creus, Figueres, Besalú, The Pyrenees, Olot, Parc Natural de la Zona Volcànica de la Garrotxa, Ripoll, Vall de Núria & Ribes de Freser, Cerdanya, Pallars Sobirà, Parc Nacional d’Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici & Around, Val d’Aran, Vic, Montserrat, Cardona, Lleida, Costa Daurada & Around, Sitges, Penedès Wine Country, Tarragona, Delta de L’Ebre and Tor-tosa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.