Spain - Castilla y Leon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Castilla y León chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain guidebook.
If you’re looking for a window on the Spanish soul, head to Castilla y León. This is Spain without the stereotypes: with vast plains, spectacular mountain peaks and evocative medieval towns and villages.
- spend as long as you can amid the Salamanca’s architectural elegance and energy
- savour the light in León’s cathedral
- be transported to medieval times listening to Gregorian chants in Santo Domingo de Si-los
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southwest Castilla y León, Ávila, Salamanca, Ciudad Rodrigo, Sierra de Francia, Guijuelo, Sierra de Béjar, The Central Plateau, Segovia & Around, Valladolid & Around, Zamora & Around, Palencia & Around, Montaña Palentina, The Northwest, León, Astorga, Sahagún, The East, Burgos & Around, Ribera del Duero, Soria & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.