Spain - Bilbao, Basque Country & La Rioja (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bilbao, Basque Country & La Rioja chapter from Lonely Planet’s Spain guidebook.
This land of exceptional beauty and diversity is home to mountains that are watched over by almost forgotten gods, cultural museums and art galleries, street parties a million people strong and, arguably, the best food in Spain.
- play on a perfect beach, gorge on fabulous pintxos (Basque tapas), dance all night and dream of staying forever in stylish San Sebastián
- find artistic inspiration at the Museo Guggenheim Bilbao and in exceptional galleries
- Mundaka: catch a ride in the home of the best waves in Europe
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Basque Country, Bilbao and around, Central Basque Coast, San Sebastián and around, Oñati, Vitoria, Navarra, Pamplona and around, The Navarran Pyrenees, Southern Navarra, La Rioja, Logroño and around and La Rioja Wine Region.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.