Southwest USA's Best Trips - Utah, Colorado & Nevada Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Utah, Colorado & Nevada Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
From rocky mountain highs to Zion Canyon lows, it’s all about extremes in Utah, Colorado and Nevada. Roads travel from ghost towns and rural America to the hyperactivity of Sin City itself.
- experience red-rock grandeur and untouched wilderness in Zion & Bryce National Parks
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- take a roller-coaster ride through remote and rugged park lands on Scenic Byway 12
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- explore Utah’s outdoor-adventure epicentre, Moab & Southeastern National Park
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Kolob Canyon, St George, Virgin, Springdale, Zion Canyon, Mt Carmel, Red Canyon, Bryce Canyon National Park, Tropic, Bryce Canyon City, Escalante, Head of the Rocks, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Boulder, Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park, Island in the Sky District, Dead Horse Point State Park, Arches National Park, Moab, Hole ‘n the Rock, Needles District, Monticello, Monument Valley, Bluff, Hovenweep National Monument, Blanding, Butler Wash Ruins, Mule Canyon Ruins, Natural Bridges National Monument, Moki Dugway, Valley of the Gods, Goosenecks State Park, Fruita, Rangely, Dinosaur National Monument, Vernal, Red Cloud Loop, Price, Mesa Verde, Mancos, Durango, Silverton, Million Dollar Highway, Ouray, Ridgway, Telluride, Denver, Boulder, Rocky Mountain National Park, Vail, Glenwood Springs, Aspen, Buena Vista, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Reno, Fallon, Grimes Point Archaeological Area, Sand Mountain, Middlegate Station, The New Shoe Tree, Cold Springs Pony Express Station, Eureka, Ely, Great Basin National Park, Las Vegas.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.