Southwest USA's Best Trips - Southwest USA Classic Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwest USA’s Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
These are our Classic Trips – the ones that lead you to the best of the iconic sights, the top activities and the unique Southwest USA experiences.
- hike Walters Wiggles to reach Angels Landing in Zion National Park
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stroll past countless stupefying views on the trail in Grand Canyon National Park South Rim
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- enjoy a sweeping park view at the Route 66 memorial in Petrified Forest National Park
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Las Vegas, Valley of Fire State Park, Zion National Park, Kanab, Grand Canyon National Park North Rim, Horseshoe Bend, Monument Valley, Four Corners Monument, Mesa Verde National Park, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Williams, Grand Canyon National Park South Rim, Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, McLean, Amarillo, Cadillac Ranch, Tucumcari, Petrified Forest National Park, Winslow, Meteor Crater, Flagstaff, Seligman, Grand Canyon Caverns & Inn, Hackberry, Kingman, Oatman.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation