Southwest USA's Best Trips - New Mexico Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the New Mexico Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
New Mexico is called the land of Enchantment, and you’ll find out why as you drive through the technicolor landscapes that inspired Georgia O’Keeffe, past traditional adobe villages tucked beneath the 13,000ft Sangre de Cristo range, over plains that roll to infinity...
- take the mountains up and the canyons down, looping between iconic destinations on the high and low roads to Taos
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow the 400-year-old Royal Road up the Rio Grande Valley
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- enter a world of vibrant color and raw elemental force in Georgia O’Keeffe country.
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Santa Fe, Chimayo, Cordova, Truchas, Las Trampas, Taos, Dixon, Las Cruces, Jornada del Muerto, Truth or Consequences, El Camino Real International Heritage Center, Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, Madrid, Albuquerque, Cerrillos, Hatch, Abiquiu, Ghost Ranch, Chaco Canyon, Aztec, Shiprock, Toadlena, Los Alamos, Bandelier National Monument, Valles Caldera National Preserve, Las Conchas Trail, Jemez Springs, Jemez Pueblo, Petroglyph National Monument, Wild Rivers, Red River, Cimarron, Philmont Scout Ranch, Las Vegas, Capulin Volcano National Monument, Mora Valley, Las Cruces, White Sands Missile Range, White Sands National Monument, Alamogordo, Carlsbad, Sitting Bull Falls, Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Silver City, Santa Rita Chino Open Pit Copper Mine Observation Point, Gila Cliff Dwellings, Emory Pass, Hillsboro, Chloride, Monticello Box, Very Large Array Radio Telescope, Socorro, Lightning Field, Pie Town, Mogollon, The Catwalk, San Francisco Hot Springs, Silver City, Gallup, Zuni Pueblo, Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary, El Morro National Monument, El Malpais, Acoma Pueblo, Chain Of Craters Backcountry Byway, Roswell, San Patricio, Lincoln, Capitan, Ruidoso, Carrizozo, Valley of Fires.