Southwest USA's Best Trips - New Mexico Trips (PDF Chapter)
This is the New Mexico Trips chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA’s Best Trips guidebook.
New Mexico is called the land of Enchantment, and you’ll find out why as you drive through the technicolor landscapes that inspired Georgia O’Keeffe, past traditional adobe villages tucked beneath the 13,000ft Sangre de Cristo range, over plains that roll to infinity...
- take the mountains up and the canyons down, looping between iconic destinations on the high and low roads to Taos
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- follow the 400-year-old Royal Road up the Rio Grande Valley
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- enter a world of vibrant color and raw elemental force in Georgia O’Keeffe country.
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Santa Fe, Chimayo, Cordova, Truchas, Las Trampas, Taos, Dixon, Las Cruces, Jornada del Muerto, Truth or Consequences, El Camino Real International Heritage Center, Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, Madrid, Albuquerque, Cerrillos, Hatch, Abiquiu, Ghost Ranch, Chaco Canyon, Aztec, Shiprock, Toadlena, Los Alamos, Bandelier National Monument, Valles Caldera National Preserve, Las Conchas Trail, Jemez Springs, Jemez Pueblo, Petroglyph National Monument, Wild Rivers, Red River, Cimarron, Philmont Scout Ranch, Las Vegas, Capulin Volcano National Monument, Mora Valley, Las Cruces, White Sands Missile Range, White Sands National Monument, Alamogordo, Carlsbad, Sitting Bull Falls, Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Silver City, Santa Rita Chino Open Pit Copper Mine Observation Point, Gila Cliff Dwellings, Emory Pass, Hillsboro, Chloride, Monticello Box, Very Large Array Radio Telescope, Socorro, Lightning Field, Pie Town, Mogollon, The Catwalk, San Francisco Hot Springs, Silver City, Gallup, Zuni Pueblo, Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary, El Morro National Monument, El Malpais, Acoma Pueblo, Chain Of Craters Backcountry Byway, Roswell, San Patricio, Lincoln, Capitan, Ruidoso, Carrizozo, Valley of Fires.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks - Understand Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Park and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)