*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Southwest USA - Utah (PDF Chapter)
This is the Utah chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA guidebook.
Though not everyone knows it, Utah is one of nature's most perfect playgrounds. The state's rocky terrain comes ready-made for hiking, biking, rafting, rappelling, rock climbing, skiing, snowmobile riding, horseback pack-tripping, four-wheel driving… Need we go on?
- achieving the heights of Angels Landing or Observation Point, hiking Zion National Park (p)
- stopping at every amphitheater overlook in colorful Bryce Canyon National Park (p)
- using tiny rustic towns Bluff (p), Boulder (p) and Torrey (p) as base camps for adventure
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Moab & Southeastern Utah, Bluff, Hovenweep National Monument, Valley of the Gods, Mexican Hat, Monument Valley, Goosenecks State Park, Moki Dugway & around, Natural Bridges National Monument, Blanding, Monticello, Canyonlands National Park & around, Dead Horse Point State Park, Moab, Arches National Park, Green River, Goblin Valley State Park & around, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area & Lake Powell, Zion & Southwestern Utah, Capitol Reef National Park, Torrey, Boulder, Escalante, Grand Staircase–Escalante National Monument, Kodachrome Basin State Park, Bryce Canyon National Park & around, Red Canyon, Panguitch, Hwy 89, Kanab & around, East Zion, Zion National Park & around, Springdale, Cedar City, Hwy 14, Cedar Breaks National Monument, Brian Head, St George & around, Salt Lake Region, Salt Lake City, Antelope Island State Park, Brigham City & around, Logan & around, Wasatch Mountains, Salt Lake City Ski Resorts, Park City, Ogden & around, Heber City & Midway, Sundance Resort, Provo, Northeastern Utah, Vernal & around, Dinosaur National Monument, Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area, High Uintas Wilderness Area and Price & San Rafael Swell.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.