*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Southwest USA - Understand Southwest USA and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Southwest USA Today, History, The Way of Life, American Indian Southwest, Southwest Cuisine, Geology & the Land, Arts & Architecture, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, culture and cuisine, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on the local way of life
- info on history, people and cultural events
- a guide to artistic and architectural highlights
- details on the Southwest's unique landscape
Coverage includes: Southwest USA Today, History, The Way of Life, American Indian Southwest, Southwest Cuisine, Geology & the Land, Arts & Architecture, Direc-tory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.