Southwest USA - Las Vegas & Nevada (PDF Chapter)
This is the Las Vegas & Nevada chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA guidebook.
Nevada is defined by contrasts and contradictions, juxtaposing arid plains with skyward, snowcapped mountains, while stilettos demand equal suitcase space with ski boots. Many visi-tors come only for the main event: Las Vegas.
- be mesmerized by the twinkling lights and the possibility that anything is possible in Las Vegas
- recognize beauty in the isolation and desolation of the ancient desert at Valley of Fire State Park
- getg to know yourself against the backdrop of Hwy 50’s jaw-dropping vistas, the Loneliest Road in America
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Las Vegas & Around, Red Rock Canyon, Mt Charles-ton, Mesquite, Henderson, Boulder City, Great Basin, Along Highway 95, Along Highway 93, Along Highway 50, Along I-80, Reno & Around, Carson City, Virginia City, Genoa, Pyramid Lake, Lake Tahoe & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.