Southwest USA - Arizona (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arizona chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southwest USA guidebook.
Arizona is made for road trips. Yes, the state has its showstoppers – Monument Valley, the Grand Canyon, Cathedral Rock – but you’ll remember the long, romantic miles under endless skies for as long as you do the icons in between.
- try to find unused superlatives to do justice to Grand Canyon National Park, a wonder of the natural world
- drop your jaw at the surreal buttes and mesas of the desert wonderland that is Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- drink in the lonely beauty of Chiricahua National Monument
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Phoenix & Around, Central Arizona, Verde Valley, Wickenburg, Prescott, Jerome, Cottonwood, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Flagstaff, Payson & Mogollon Rim, Cameron, Grand Canyon Region, South Rim, Havasupai Reservation, Hualapai Reservation & Skywalk, North Rim, Arizona Strip, Page & Glen Canyon National Recreation Ar-ea, Navajo Reservation, Tuba City & Moenkopi, Navajo National Monument, Kayenta, Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Canyon de Chelly National Monument, Window Rock, Hopi Reserva-tion, Eastern Arizona, Petrified Forest National Park, Winslow, Holbrook, Western Arizona, Bull-head City & Laughlin, Kingman, Oatman, Seligman, Lake Havasu City, Parker, Yuma, Southern Arizona, Tucson & Around, West of Tucson, South of Tucson, Patagonia & the Mountain Empire, Tombstone, Bisbee, Chiricahua National Monument, Benson, Sierra Vista.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.