Southern Italy - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Southern Italy, Southern Italy’s Top 11, Need to Know, First Time Southern Italy, What’s New, Accommodation, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itinerar-ies, Activities, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Family Travel, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s Southern Italy guidebook.
Your journey to Southern Italy starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info for first-time visitors.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about family travel
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Southern Italy, Southern Italy’s Top 11, Need to Know, First Time Southern Italy, What’s New, Accommodation, If You Like: Baroque Ar-chitecture, Food, Glorious Food, Extraordinary Churches, Islands & Beaches, Medieval Towns, The Great Outdoors, Evocative History, Markets, Month by Month, Itineraries, Activities, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Family Travel, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation