Southern Italy - Naples & Campania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Naples & Campania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Southern Italy guidebook.
Campania is a rich ragù of Arabesque street life, decadent palaces, pastel-hued villages and aria-inspiring vistas. It offers a plethora of options, from horse-riding the slopes of Mt Vesuvius to sailing the Amalfi Coast and soaking in thermal waters on Ischia.
- channel the ancients on the ill-fated streets of Pompeii
- be bewitched by Capri’s ethereal blue cave, Grotta Azzurra
- walk with the gods on the Amalfi Coast on the Sentieri degli Dei
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Naples & Around, Herculaneum (Ercolano), Mt Vesu-vius, Pompeii, Sorrento, The Islands, Capri, Ischia, Procida, The Amalfi Coast, Positano, Nocelle, Praiano, Amalfi, Ravello, Salerno & the Cilento, Salerno, Cilento Coast, Parco Nazionale del Ci-lento e Vallo di Diano.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.