Southern Italy travel guide
Italy’s peeling, sun-bleached south is the country at its most ancient, soulful and sensual. Down here, the ruins are older, the lunches longer, and the landscapes wilder and more intense. Lonely Planet is your passport to Southern Italy, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Hike along the Amalfi Coast, explore ghostly Pompeii, and launch into Naples’ hip bar scene and culinary riches; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southern Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Southern Italy Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, the Southern way of life, The Mafia, art, architecture, food, drink
Coverage includes: Naples, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicily and more