Southern Africa - Zimbabwe (PDF Chapter)
While from afar Zimbabwe’s plight doesn’t paint a rosy picture, the reality is different on the ground for tourists – most insist it’s hands down one of the safest, friendliest and most spectacu-lar countries in Africa.
- explore the atmospheric 11th-century stone ruins of Great Zimbabwe
- Brave Mana Pools National Park, Africa’s only park (with lions) that allows unguided walk-ing safaris
- shop for crafts in Harare and go to Harare International Festival of the Arts
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Harare, Northern Zimbabwe, Kariba Town, Matusa-dona National Park, Mana Pools National Park, Mavuradonha Wilderness, Eastern Highlands, Mutare, Bvumba Mountains, Nyanga National Park, Chimanimani, Chimanimani National Park, The Midlands & Southeastern Zimbabwe, Masvingo, Great Zimbabwe, Gonarezhou National Park, Western Zimbabwe, Bulawayo, Matobo National Park, Hwange National Park, Understand Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe Today, History, Culture, Sport, The Arts, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience