*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Southern Africa - Understand Southern Africa & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Southern Africa Today, History, Wildlife, Culture, Music in Southern Africa, The Natural Environment, Directory A-Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet's Southern Africa guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, wildlife, food and drink, and national parks to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet...you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers, travelling with kids and travellers with disabilities, as well as a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Southern Africa's animal inhabitants from tiny bushbabies to hulking elephants
- info on the region's wildlife reserves, forest parks and government conservation areas
- expert coverage of Southern Africa's musical styles and instruments
- details on local staples and specialities
Coverage includes: Southern Africa Today, History - from prehistory to European colonisation and settlement, Wildlife, Culture: Peoples of Southern Africa, Daily Life, Religion, Arts, and Food & Drink, Music in Southern Africa: A Potted History, Musical Instruments and Musical Styles, The Natural Environment: The Land, Wildlife, National Parks and Transfrontier Peace Parks, Directory A-Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.